1 tbsp vegetable oil
500 g minced pork
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot chopped finely
1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
1/2 cup cabbage sliced thinly
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soy sauce
30 lumpia wrappers
2 cups vegetable oil
- Add 1 tbsp oil into a wok or frying pan and heat. Add garlic, onion and pork and cook until for 2-3 minutes or until the pork is browned slightly. Drain and remove most of the oil from the wok.
- In a bowl mix together the egg, carrots, spring onion, cabbage, salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Add to the pork and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool a little.
- Into each lumpia wrapper add three heaped tablespoons of the filling, and roll the wrapper diagonally and tightly to close, tucking in both ends. Moisten the wrapper with water to seal an edge. It is a good idea to cover the rolls with plastic wrap to retain their moisture, and removing the plastic wrap before frying them, of course!
- In a wok or frying pan add oil to a depth of 1/2 inch and heat for 5 minutes. Fry several lumpia at a time, for 1 -2 minutes or until the sides are golden brown.
- Set aside the cooked lumpia rolls on paper towels to drain.