Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Although there are many variations of adobo recipes, many Filipinos consider adobo to be the national dish.
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar (or cider vinegar)
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp salt
2 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
250 g chicken, cubed
500 g pork, cubed
¼ cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp oil
- Combine vinegar, water, garlic, salt, bay leaves and pepper into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and pork and cover. Bring to a boil again, then reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove meat and set aside.
- Let sauce simmer to reduce and thicken. Remove sauce to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add the cooked meat and brown quickly.
- Drain the oil from the saucepan and pour the thickened sauce over the meat.
Serve hot with rice.